By Beth Barnett, Director of Communications
I remember hearing this phrase as a brand-new agent. I don’t think the ink on my license had dried yet! This sounded great and I remember being so excited. I also remember that in my inexperience and naivete that I hadn’t a clue what that statement meant. I then spent years and a fair amount of my hard-earned money with coaches, seminars, books, mentors, colleagues and even competitors learning exactly what this phrase really means.
So, in an effort to pay it forward here’s a few bullet points for you to ponder.
- Set achievable goals; should have short term, midterm and long-term goals
- Know your numbers; need to know lead conversion rates to set realistic goals
- Network, network, network
- Use scripts; don’t be afraid of this concept!
- Never pre-judge a lead!
- Use a decent CRM system
- Have an exit strategy; no matter how wonderful your current broker is there will come a time when it better suits your needs to move on. Have a plan.
- Find a Mentor; sometimes this can be someone outside of the industry. A good mentor will LISTEN and be able to point you in the right direction at the right time.
- Find balance in your personal, business and spiritual life; neglect this one at your own risk!
- Delegate; you simply cannot do it all.
- Find a good transaction coordinator
- Get help with branding/marketing
- Consider forming a team
- Find a good tax accountant
- Consider forming an LLC or INC – get good legal advice
If there is anything I can do to help you, feel free to contact me.
Recommended reading list: